There is no special setup for the interior panoramic Theta camera. The EZ360 iVana app contains all the code necessary to operate the camera, including connecting, taking the photo, obtaining the photo, and uploading to your web site.
Refer to the diagram at bottom for Theta camera controls. Here is how to use the camera with EZ360.
- At the beginning of the day or when you want to use the camera, Make sure the camera is charged.
- Turn the camera on. Press the power button.
- Review the status lights on the back of the camera when the device is on.
- The camera status light should be on. If it's off or blinking, press the power button until it's a solid light. If it's red, the camera is low on power and must be plugged in for a while to recharge before using.
- The capture mode icon should be photo. If the video camera displays, press the capture mode button on the side to switch to photo mode.
- The wifi wireless icon should be blinking to indicate it's ready for a connection and pair with the main EZ360 smartphone. If the icon is not blinking, press the middle wireless mode on the side until the icon blinks.
- NOTE - DO NOT PRESS THE CENTER BUTTON.
- Place the camera in the multi-legged phone holder. Place the phone and holder on the center console with the front (no button) side facing the front of the vehicle. Adjust the legs as needed.
- Select the Interior 360 photo button on the iVana mobile app. Follow the prompts to start the Theta camera connection and take the photo.
- At the end of the day, turn the camera off and plug the camera into the power cable.
Have a problem?
Typical problems include:
- The Theta cannot be found due to a low battery. The Theta needs to be recharged.
- The Theta times out and can't connect. The Theta wifi needs to be set again to pair.
- The Theta times out and can't upload the full photo. Inconsistent or slow Internet upload speeds can cause this timeout. Try to improve the Internet connection and speed if possible and retry.