- Google Pixel 4, 3. Use Google Chromecast to connect the monitor and wireless mouse and keyboard to a fixed camera.
- Samsung: S/Note 8, S/Note 5. iVana works on Android from version 6 (for the S/Note 5) to 10, the latest version.
4K Device Setup
A basic guide follows with recommendations in setting up your replacement smartphone.
Turn on the Pixel.
If the Pixel has an existing Android installation, it should be erased.
- Pull down the system notification area to display the Setting icon
- Tap Settings
- Enter “factory” in the search bar.
- Select Erase all data (factory reset) and continue through the prompts to Erase.
Recommended installation options follow. Actual installation steps will vary based on Pixel model.
NO is for Decline/Skip/Do Later. YES is for Accept.
- NO Connect to mobile network
- CONNECT to wifi
- NO copy apps & data
- ENTER Google account credentials
- NO add phone number
- YES accept terms
- Google services
- YES to Use location, Allow scanning
- NO to others
- NO Imprint
- NO Screen lock
- DO Continue to other services
- NO Assistant
- NO Squeeze for Assistant
- NO Google Pay
- YES to Always-on display
- NO Anything else
- NO Stay up to date on Google
- The device will automatically download and update apps. Make sure all downloads and updates are completed before turning the phone off.
- Go to Settings.
- Search for “alert”. Select Emergency alerts. Turn all settings off
- Search for “timeout”. Select screen timeout. Select 30 minutes.
- For Fixed camera with Chromecast: Search for "Location". Click Location in search results
- Click App permission. Services will display sorted by access level
- Find Google Home. If it is Denied, click ALLOW all the time.
- For Pixel 4+. System navigation buttons are replaced by gestures (Swipe up from the bottom to go home, swipe up and hold to see recent apps, swipe from the sides go back.). To return to system buttons, search for "Navigation', select and then click on System navigation: System > Gestures. Select 3 button navigation.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search for “ivana”. Select and install 4K iVana.
- SKIP payment for Play Store account setup.
- Enter EZ360 ID and password
- YES iVana to take pictures, etc.
- Go to Setting > Pictures Setting. Select 4K
- At Promo code prompt, tap the entry box. An edit screen will display with the promo code automatically entered.
- Click Done
- Cick Activate back at the Promo code prompt.
- If you have not been trained on the 4K iVana setting, please stop and consult your sales rep or technical support.
- Otherwise, continue to review and update all Settings.
- Exit iVana
- Copy 4K iVana to home screen
- NOTE. If you log out of 4K iVana, it may default to the 2K setting. You may need to reset it to 4K.
If your studio configuration uses Google Chromecast, see Chromecast setup.