Data processing companies in the auto industry still use FTP for file transfer*, which can result in delays in EZ360 receiving your inventory feed from your data provider (vAuto, Homenet, etc.) or their receiving your EZ360 pictures from us for syndication.
- Recently shot photos are displayed in iContent but not in your inventory manager and are not yet displayed in your advertiser accounts, such as Autotrader, True Cars, etc.
- Your stock number is not understood by iVana, requiring you to enter the full VIN
- Vehicle information displays as "1970 Make Model" in iContent.
- Most of your inventory disappears from iContent because it's "expired".
FTP is a file-based data transmission process that requires multiple scheduled steps. EZ360 prepares and writes the photo export files to a server. Your data provider separately reads the latest file, updates your inventory listings, and send other files with the pictures for syndication. Depending on the timing of the steps, end-to-end processing can take from a few hours to 24 to 48 hours. There can be occasional problems in the transmission and processing of the file, resulting in the file being queued and sent and processed at a later time.
We've seen it take up to a week in a few cases. We've also seen cases where one vehicle is correctly processed and another vehicle shot before that is not processed yet.
Only your data provider can tell you the last time photos were downloaded from EZ360 and processed, and if and when a specific vehicle was last updated. EZ360 does not have access to this information. Please contact your data provider.
EZ360 can only confirm that your files and vehicles are ready to be picked up. Please wait two full days after shooting before contacting us.
* FTP is a 50 year old technology. Only EZ360 offers an API for direct and immediate syndication without delay or errors. Contact your sales rep or support to learn more and which auto data providers support the API.