Q. My app isn't downloading inventory or uploading photos
A. Both download and upload issues indicate an Internet wifi connection problem. Your device may not be able to connect, the connection may cut in and out, or the data speed is too low.
If this is an ongoing problem, have your IT staff check the wifi connection and configuration. Ideally the photo studio should be on a separate network to avoid contention or congestions from other network users or devices.
Typically Internet interruptions are short-lived and will go away in a few seconds or minutes. If iVana is trying to download inventory, just wait a minute, log out of iVana, and log back in to try the download again.
There are a few steps of increasing severity that you can take to resolve what's going on. Start with the first step. Test the app. If that doesn't fix it, move to the next item on the list.
- Wait a few minutes. Internet connections can experience temporary outages from time to time.
- Get the latest app. Make sure you have the latest version of iVana. Check the version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sister.ivana against that of the app on your phone. If it's not current, download and install the latest version.
- Turn wifi off and then on through your device settings. Make sure it's able to connect.
- Check your data speed. Go to and run https://www.speedtest.net/ in your device browser.
- Log out of iVana and back in.
- Reboot the phone
- Check another device's wifi connection and speed. If it also has a connection problem, then the issue is with your Internet service, not the device.
- Clear App Data. Go to Android settings, select Apps, and find and open iVana. Click Storage. Click and then Clear Cache. Video
- Try another smartphone with iVana. Install iVana from the Google Play store. Log into iVana. If the other phone is able to connect while the first phone can't, then it's a device problem, not an Internet problem. See Smartphone Problems for additional steps to bring your phone back to health.