Q. My app isn't downloading inventory or uploading photos
A. Both download and upload issues indicate an Internet wifi connection problem. Your device may not be able to connect, the connection may cut in and out, or the data speed is too low.
Check your Internet bandwidth, such as at Speedtest.net. You should be able to download at least 10 MB/sec and upload 5MB/second. If your bandwidth is less than this, contact your IT department to upgrade your Internet connection to the photo studio.
If this is an ongoing problem, have your IT staff check the wifi connection and configuration. The photo studio should be on a separate unrestricted network to avoid contention or congestion from other network users or devices.
Typically Internet interruptions are short-lived and will go away in a few seconds or minutes. If you're uploading pictures, wait a few minutes for the process to continue.
Recovery steps are below of increasing severity. Start with the first step. Test the app. If that doesn't fix it, move to the next item on the list.
- Turn the iVana Internet connection off and then on. The cloud icon is located at the upper right of the iVana screen. Turn this off and then on to re-establish a server connection that may have been interrupted.
- Log out of iVana and back in.
- Reset the app. Use the app Force Stop command and log back in.
- Get the latest app. Make sure you have the latest version of iVana. Check the version at the Google Play Store against that of the app on your phone. If it's not current, download and install the latest version.
- Turn wifi off and then on through your phone settings. Make sure the phone is also able to connect to the Internet.
- Check your data speed. Go to and run https://www.speedtest.net/ in your device browser.
- Reboot the phone
- Check another device's wifi connection and speed. If it also has a connection problem, then the issue is with your Internet service, not the device.
- Clear App Data. Go to Android settings, select Apps, and find and open iVana. Click Storage. Click and then Clear Cache. Video
- Re-install. Install iVana from the Google Play store.
- Try another smartphone. If the other phone is able to connect while the first phone can't, then it's a device problem, not an Internet problem. See Smartphone Problems for additional steps to bring your phone back to health.